NETGEAR AC1900 Extender Setup | EX7000
How to connect my Netgear AC1900 extender with an ethernet cable?
- To begin with, Netgear AC1900 extender setup, make sure your repeater is properly plugged into the power outlet.
- Press the EX7000, power button on the booster to turn it on.
- Once the extender is powered on, connect the ethernet cable to the router, and with the booster.
- After connecting the cable, the router LED will light upon the AC1900.
- Now open a web browser on any wireless device i.e. a laptop or a cellphone.
- And type www.mywifiext.net on the address bar.
- Note: If you have a Netgear router, you can get a smart wizard by going to 192.168.1.250.
- You are now on the genie page to install your wireless booster.
- Follow the on-screen steps to link your EX7000 to the main modem or router.
Learn the easiest way to set up Netgear AC1900
We’re going to tell you the fastest way to setup Netgear AC1900 with your main WIFI network:
- Plug the AC1900 near the main router first.
- Press then power on the EX7000.
- Now once you see the green power LED light on the extender.
- Pust the WPS button on your router and as well as on the booster.
- WARNING: Do not unplug or turn off your device while the light is blinking.
- If the Netgear AC1900 is successfully linked with your main router. You will see the power, WPS, and device all light up solid green on the wireless extender.
Table of Contents
How to install Netgear AC1900 WIFI extender?
Follow the below-given web-based setup guide to configure your Netgear AC1900 WIFI range extender:
- Plug your wireless booster into an electric outlet.
- Wait for the power light to lit up on the EX7000.
- Now access to your laptop or a cellphone.
- And connect your device with the “Netgear_Ext” network.
- After connected, open a web browser and type mywifiext.net on the address bar.
- It will redirect to the Netgear genie setup page.
- Follow the on-screen details to connect your EX7000 to your home wifi network.
Troubleshooting steps of Netgear AC1900
Here are the following things to check before installing your WIFI booster to your exisiting network: