Netgear EX6120 Setup
Easy setup instruction of Netgear EX6120 to expand the range of your existing WIFI network and get rid of the internet connectivity problem.
Netgear EX6120 Setup | AC1200
To setup your Netgear EX6120 AC1200 extender follow the steps below:
- Turn on the AC1200 EX6120 extender.
- Now Wait for the Power LED to turn solid green.
- Take out any wirelessly enabled device i.e. tablet or smartphone.
- Connect your router to the WIFI repeater using an ethernet cable.
- Once connected, launch a web browser and enter mywifiext.net in the URL bar.
- You are on the new extender setup page.
- Follow the steps to link your router and the booster with each other.
If you are not getting 4 solid lights on your extender after installing it. Then kindly factory reset for access Netgear Extender Setup page back again and follow the above-given method back again to connect to Mywifiext. Else you can always reach us and get help from our certified experts who are working round the clock in order to fix the problem.
Netgear EX6120 Mesh Extender Setup AC1200
To set up your EX6120 via WPS follow the steps given:
- Plug the Netgear EX6120 into the power socket.
- Once plugged wait for the Power Led to turn green.
- Press the WPS button on the Ex6120 extender, the WPS light should be flashing green now.
- At the same time press the WPS button on your home router also.
- That’s it, Now the WPS process can take up to 2-3 mins to complete.
- Once done your Ex6120 is ready to move to the location you want it at
How do I configure my Netgear EX6120 WiFi Extender?
- Plug the Netgear EX6120 extender into an electrical outlet to get started.
- Once you have a solid green power light on the AC1200.
- Use any phone or tablet and connect with the “Netgear_Ext” network.
- Once connected, launch a web browser and navigate to www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- You are now on the genie configuration page. Create a login account.
- And follow the step-by-step instructions to set up your WIFI booster to the existing modem or router.
How do I reset my Netgear EX6120?
Netgear EX6120 factory reset using the button:
- Look for something little, such as a pen or a paper clip.
- On the bottom of the AC1200, look for the factory reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button using a paper clip, you need to hold it down 5-7 seconds.
- Wait for the extender to reboot once you release the Factory Reset button.
- Your repeater factory default settings are restored after rebooting.
Netgear EX6120 Range Extender Setup using 192.168.1.250 IP
- To begin, firstly connect the EX6120 extender to a wall outlet.
- Wait until the power LED turns a solid green color.
- Now, take out your phone or laptop and connect to the “Netgear Ext” network.
- Once connected, open a web browser and type mywifiext.net into the Address bar.
- Once connected, open a web browser and type 192.168.1.250 IP into the Address bar.
- Create the Genie account and click “Next” to access the setup page.
- To connect your repeater to an existing WIFI network, follow the on-screen instructions.
Netgear EX6120 Extender | Firmware Update
NETGEAR releases new firmware versions on a regular basis to enhances product performance and roll out new features. To update the firmware on your WIFI booster, follow the steps below.
To update the latest firmware on your EX6120 WIFI range extender:
- Open a web browser on a smartphone or computer that is connected to the AC1200 network.
- And then enter www.mywifiext.net into the address bar.
- For more information, see how to access www.mywifiext.net?
- Log in to the Netgear AC1200 to access the settings page.
- Once signed in, click on the “Menu” option.
- Then click on “Settings”
- And then on hit on “Firmware Upgrade“.
- Now you will see an option to “Check Online” hit on that, and it will displays if there will be any new upgrade is available.
- Select the new version and it will take 1-2 minutes to update the new firmware on your booster.
- Note: Do not unplug or turn off the repeater while updating the new version.
How do I log in to my Netgear EX6120 WIFI Extender?
- To access the login page, connect your WIFI device with the Netgear EX6120.
- Launch a web browser on your wireless-enabled device.
- And type in default Ip address into the URL bar.
- You are now on the mywifiext login page.
- Enter your default credentials and sign in to your extender account.
- You are now on the Netgear genie page.
From the above-given instruction if you still can’t access the Netgear AC1200 WIFI extender login page? Feel free to get in touch with our certified expert.
For more information and troubleshooting: