Netgear EX6100 Setup
To get rid of dead zones in every corner of your home or the office and to attain the lightning speed of the internet you will have to go with Netgear EX6100 Setup. AC750 is a dual band wifi range extender which offers you the fast wifi experience by delivering the speed upto 1200mbps.
Mainly there are only two methods to perform Netgear EX6100 Extender Setup:
- Manual setup (Web Browser Setup).
- WPS Setup. If your existing wifi router does not support WPS,then you will have to go with the manual setup(Web Browser Setup).
How do I setup my Netgear EX6100?
Here are the steps to setup your Netgear EX6100:
- Turn on your Netgear EX6100.
- Connect your AC750 near the router.
- Wait for the Power light on your EX6100 to turn solid green.
- Go to your device's Wireless options.
- Get connected to the AC750 Network.
- Visit mywifiext.net after connecting to the extender’s Network.
- New Extender Setup will now display on the screen.
- To complete the configuration process follow the prompts.
- Take out your booster and plug it at the new location having dead spots.
- Now connect your other devices to the extended network.
Table of Contents
That's how we can configure the Netgear EX6100 by following these simple steps.In the next blog we will talk about another method to perform Netgear extender setup i.e. the Wireless protected setup (WPS).
How to setup EX6100 using WPS?
Wireless protected setup is the one of quickest and simplest methods to configure your Netgear EX6100. You will be able to setup your extender within 2-3 minutes only.To setup EX6100 using WPS you will have to press the WPS button on the booster as well as on the router also.To go with the process follow the instructions given below:
- Unwrap your Netgear EX6100 and power it on.
- Position your AC750 close to the router.
- Once the power LED turns solid green.
- Press the WPS button on your repeater.
- After a few seconds press the WPS button on the router. NOTE: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, the first time you hit the WPS button, your extender will attempt to connect to the router's 5 GHz band. If your extender does not connect to the router's 5 GHz band the first time, it could cause a slew of problems during the installation process.
- If the LEDs on the extender turns solid green,it means that your extender has been configured successfully.
- Move the booster to a new location having dead zones,and connect your smart devices to it.
Netgear EX6100 wifi extender firmware update
Netgear EX6100 Wifi extender firmware update comes with the new features and latest security updates.which tends to improve the performance of your AC750 and also helps to fix the bugs and all other problems that you might face while using the EX6100. In order to update the firmware you will have to grab a smart device and visit the official site of Netgear i.e. www.mywifiext.net.
Here are the steps to update the firmware on your Netgear EX6100:
- Firstly apply power to your Netgear EX6100.
- Get connected to your existing wifi network.
- Browser and go to www.mywifiext.net.
- Fill up your personalized details to login to your extender.
- Click on settings option and go to firmware upgrade.
- Do not unplug your AC750 while the update process is going on.
- Power on your Netgear EX6100 after unboxing it.
- Locate the WPS button behind a tiny hole, on the side panel of your AC750.
- Take a pin and press the reset button with it for 8-9 seconds.
- Take out the pin after a few seconds.
- Once the LED status on your AC750 turns stable green.
- Which means that your extender has been reset successfully and ready for the new installation process.
That’s how you can reset your Netgear EX6100 and can retrieve your password and username. If you need any help regarding the setup,firmware update or reset operation then you can call us on our toll free number.Our professionals will help you to overcome your problem.