Netgear WN3500RP Setup
Netgear WN3500RP Setup tends to expand your wifi network (either it is your home network or office network) by connecting to your wifi home router and improving the coverage as well.It is a dual band extender which can deliver 600 mbps of speed and 1000 square feet coverage area.Now let’s see that how to setup Netgear WN3500RP.
For Netgear WN3500RP Setup:
- Plug in your Netgear WN3500RP into a proper power supply.
- Position your N600 extender and router in the same room.
- Wait for the power light status to turn solid green.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the URL bar.
- Go to Netgear genie setup.
- Tap on the name of your existing network that you want to extend.
- Enter your router’s password and hit on continue.
- To go with the configuration process follow the on screen instructions.
- Once the LEDs status on the N600 extender turns stable green it means that you have configured your booster successfully.
- Now you can unplug the repeater and place it at the place with poor signal strength.
Netgear WN3500RP: WPS Setup
WPS stands for the wireless protected setup. This process is considered as the fastest and easiest process to set up your extender. In this process there is no need to give your personal details like passphrase,username or SSID. In order to perform Netgear WN3500RP WPS setup you will have to press a tiny WPS button on the booster and on the router as well.Let’s see how this process is supposed to be done.
For Netgear WN3500RP WPS setup go through these instructions:
- Apply power to your Netgear WN3500RP.
- N600 extender should be placed near to the main router.
- Press the WPS button on the left side of your booster.
- After a minute,also press the WPS button on the router.
- Wait for the light status on the N600 extender to turn stable green.
- Once it is done,which means that the connection between your repeater and router has been established.
- Now you can plug out your extender and place it at dead spots in your home or office.
How do I update firmware on Netgear WN3500RP?
The latest firmware versions are regularly released by Netgear to fix the bugs and to improve the performance of the extender as well. After you update firmware on Netgear WN3500RP you will get the latest security updates and new features also.
To update firmware on Netgear WN3500RP follow the given steps below:
- First of all apply power to your Netgear WN3500RP.
- Connect your N600 extender to your existing network.
- Open a web browser and visit mywifiext.net.
- Login to your extender by putting your personal details.
- Go to settings and then click on firmware upgrade option.
- While the update process is under progress do not unplug your booster.
How to reset Netgear WN3500RP?
In case you have forgotten your passphrase or username and want to retrieve it then you have reached the very right place. In order to retrieve your passphrase or username,you will have to reset your Netgear WN3500RP. In order to perform the factory reset operation on your Netgear WN3500RP you must grab a hard pointed pin.
To reset your Netgear WN3500RP follow the instructions given below:
- Plugin your Netgear WN3500RP to the wall socket.
- Behind the small hole you can see the reset button on the side of the booster.
- Press the reset button for 10-11 seconds with the help of a hard pointed object like a paper clip or pin.
- After a few seconds eject that pin.
- Once the LEDs on the N600 extender give stable green light.
- That means the reset operation has been successfully performed.
- Now your extender is ready for the new installation process.