Netgear EX6200 Setup: Step By Step Guide
Netgear EX6200 Setup: With the Dual Band WiFi Range Extender, you can boost the power of your network and ensure that you have coverage in every room of your house. Get the ultimate range and performance you need for iPads®, smartphones, laptops & more. Now with MU-MIMO for simultaneously streaming to multiple devices.
The setup of the AC1200 repeater is super easy. This unique wifi extender provides better wireless coverage than any other device in its class range.
Table of Contents
For more information and troubleshooting:
Netgear EX6200 Setup: Manual Method
Follow the below easy steps for setup:
If you are facing any problem while setting up your wireless repeater or booster, you can get in touch with our certified expert and get the instruction to install your booster properly.
How to install my Netgear EX6200 WIFI Range Extender?
- To begin with, the Netgear EX6200 setup using a push-button configuration (WPS).
- Plug your EX6200 extender closer to the main WIFI modem or router.
- Wait for the power light to turn solid green on your AC1200.
- Now, first press the WPS button on your Netgear EX6200 WIFI booster.
- Then press the similar button on your main modem or router.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes and check to see if the other green lights on the extender are lit up.
- It means you have successfully set up the Netgear range extender AC1200 to the existing network.
Netgear EX6200 WIFI Extender Firmware Update
To update the latest firmware version on your Netgear WIFI Extender EX6200 AC1200, follow the below-given list of instructions:
- First and foremost, check the EX6200 is turned on and that all of its lights are lit up.
- Grab a laptop and connect to the AC1200 extension network.
- Now to access the Netgear EX6200 extender login page, open a web browser and type www.mywifiext.net.
- Once you logged in to the AC1200 extender, click on the settings tab.
- And then click on the Firmware update. There you will see the Check button click on that
- If there is a new Firmware update is available. You will see a “YES” or “NO” option.
- Click the “YES” button and don’t unplug the booster until the process is finished.
- You have now updated the latest firmware version on your Netgear EX6200 range extender.
Netgear EX6200 WIFI Range Extender AC1200 Features
The EX6200 has another great feature, which is it can offer two modes of operation. First is your standard browsing mode where both bands are extended and other is FastLane mode, which only extends either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz but increases the range.
Netgear EX6200 also gives you five gigabit Ethernet ports that allow it to function as a bridge. It’s not compact in terms of physical appearance like some other Wi-Fi extenders, but it has more to offer in terms of performance. It is a true dual-band booster, and you can connect to 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands separately or simultaneously. With its 801.11ac Wi-Fi technology, this is currently the best range extender on the market.
- Step-by-step guide for Netgear Orbi AX6000 setup
- A Complete Guide to Fix Netgear POE Switch Problems
- Netgear Extender Access Point Setup
- Netgear Nighthawk AXE11000 Router Setup
- How to activate access control on a Netgear wifi extender?
- Troubleshooting Tips for Netgear Authentication Error
- Quick Troubleshooting Techniques for Mywifiext Not Loading Error
- Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 Router
- Netgear EX7500 Setup
- How to fix Netgear extender firmware update failure issue?
Netgear introduced Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi range extender to boost the range of your existing wireless connection. Buy AC1200 and extend the range to the dead-zones of your home or office.
NETGEAR EX6200 (AC1200) SPECIFICATIONS:
AC1200 WiFi Range Extender (EX6200)
Quick start guide
Do More booklet
Two (2) 5dBi dual band detachable external antennas
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS of Netgear AC1200
Dimensions: 9.92 x 6.85 x 1.22 in (252 x 174 x 31 mm)
Weight: 0.67 lb (302 g)
WIFI Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK) and WEP
EASE OF USE
CD-less setup—great for mobile devices
Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup®(WPS)1
Power on/off button
2.4 and/or 5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi router or gateway
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 5.0, Firefox® 2.0 or Safari® 1.4 or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher