Netgear EX8000 Setup
Netgear EX8000 Setup for Tri-Band Range Extender offers a solution to increase your wifi range. It provides the same ultra-high bandwidth of Netgear’s X6S, as well as other powerful routers. Without lost the speed of internet, you can extend the range to cover all dead-zone area of your house or office.
Nighthawk X6S router has enough range to cover a 2500 square foot home comfortably. Netgear EX8000 extender technology can cover the same range at your place.
Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk Mesh Extender Setup | AC3000
Netgear EX8000 step by step instructions:
- Plug your EX8000 extender near to main router.
- Power on the Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk X6s AC3000 to the electric socket
- Plug the ethernet cable into your router and the extender.
- Open any web browser and type www.mywifiext.net in the search box.
- It will now redirect to the Netgear Extender Login page.
- Create an account and follow the instructions to connect the Netgear EX8000 with your main router.
- Now place the extender to the preferred location.
Once you connect your Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk Mesh Extender. You will see great connectivity throughout your home or office,
How to setup Netgear EX8000 with Mywifiext.net?
- To setup Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk Mesh Extender.
- Plug the EX8000 Nighthawk to the power outlet.
- Once the power led light turn solid white on the X6s.
- Power on any wireless enabled device i.e. phone or a tablet.
- Now go to setting options on your device and click on the WIFI manger.
- There you will see an open network Netgear AC3000 Tri-band Extender.
- Open any up to date web browser i.e. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
- And on the top of the address bar type www.mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 IP address.
- You are now on the Netgear EX8000 mesh extender AC3000 setup page.
Netgear AC3000 Extender Setup
Follow the steps to connect the Netgear AC3000 with WPS method:
- Power on the AC3000 Range Extender.
- Place the EX8000 Mesh Nighthawk AC3000 extender close to your WiFi router.
- Wait for the Power LED to light solid white.
- Now, push WPS button on the AC3000 extender
- And with in a minute push the WPS button on the main router.
- Wait 2-3 minutes to link your extender with the main router.
- Once connected you will see power, WPS, device and router light turn solid white.
- In last connect any wireless device to the Netgear AC3000 Nighthawk range extender.
If you face any problem with Netgear EX8000 setup, shoot us email or dial us on our toll free: (800)-948-7304 and get the help of our certified expert.
How to reset the Netgear EX8000 to the factory default settings?
- To reset the Netgear EX8000 WIFI Range Extender.
- Plug the Nighthawk EX8000 X6s in the same room as your main router.
- Once you see the power solid green lights on the wireless repeater.
- Find any paper clip or tooth pick to reset Netgear EX8000.
- Now push n hold the factory reset button on the extender for 10-15 seconds.
- While resetting the AC3000 your extender power light turn into an amber.
- Release the pin hole and wait for the power led light to turn green.
- Follow the above given details to setup Netgear EX8000 to your new modem or router.
Netgear AC3000 X6s Firmware Update
Let’s discuss how to check the Netgear X6s wireless extender firmware:
- Before updating the firmware, make sure your EX8000 extender is plugged in properly to the power outlet.
- Connect your smartphone or laptop with Nighthawk_Ext network.
- Once connected, go to the web browser and type www.mywifiext.net on the address bar.
- You are now on the Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 X6s Extender page.
- Enter your credentials and login to your account.
- It will take a couple of minutes to check any upgrade in the firmware.
- Click on the “Yes” and it will start updating the firmware for the Netgear AC3000 extender setup.
Note: Do not unplug or remove the Netgear AC3000 wifi extender from the power socket while updating the latest firmware.
Netgear EX8000 Manual Setup
Setup Nighthawk X6S AC3000 manually
For Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 manual setup using installation assistant:
- Place your EX8000 extender near to your router for initial setup.
- Plug it to an power supply.
- Connect your router with the extender through ethernet cable.
- Now open a web browser on your device and type www.mywifiext.net.
- NETGEAR installation assistant displays.
- Follow the given instruction to connect your extender with existing router network.
- Move your extender to a new location but make sure extender is connected with your existing network
- If it still get no connection, move the extender little bit closer to your router and try again.
Tri-band WiFi enables the Netgear EX8000 Setup to create a FastLane3 dedicated connection to an existing Netgear WiFi Router Setup or modem router. Unlike single or dual-band WiFi range extenders, this dedicated link is not used for any other purpose and thus maximizes the available internet speeds improving the overall network throughput to WiFi devices that are suffering from a weak connection, says NETGEAR.
On the back of NETGEAR EX8000, you’ll find five separate Ethernet ports. Four of these are outputs, allowing you to connect your hardwired devices to the internet. One of them acts as a LAN port. The LAN port is designed to make the extender operate as an access point. This means that you connect it to a hard-wired network, producing an entirely new wireless network.
If you’re using Netgear WiFi Range Extender Setup with web URL www.mywifiext.net and the only wire you’ll need to connect is a network cable. Instead of Ethernet, the extender connects to your router through a dedicated backhaul channel. This is controlled through a 4×4 (also known as Quad MIMO) 5 GHz radio. What this means is that there is a dedicated channel on the 5 GHz network with four separate channels of communication.
Netgear EX8000 WIFI Range Extender | AC3000
Troubleshooting Steps to Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk Extender:
- Nighthawk EX8000 extender is connected properly to the main power supply.
- Make sure your power socket is properly working and not damaged or short-circuited.
- Use high-speed internet connection.
- Check all the wires connected properly.
- Don,t use damaged cables.
- Place your extender in the range of your router signals
- mywifiext.net not working, recheck the spelling that you entered in the address bar.
- Update the latest firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the Netgear EX8000 extender to its factory default settings.