NETGEAR EX7000 SETUP
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Mesh Wi-Fi Range Extender
Netgear AC1900 EX7000 Nighthawk WiFi Extender improves the coverage of your WiFi network for optimum WiFi output to all corners of your house. After the Netgear EX7000 boots, it will cover up to 100-150 feet with a dual bandwidth.
Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 Manual Setup | AC1900
Netgear EX7000 should be able to extend or replace your existing wireless network wherever you place it, thanks to its dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi. With the extender placed on a desk, there was nowhere on our office floor where the signal dropped below three bars. The Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 is one of the leading Wi-Fi boosters for large houses. It features dual-band with maximum uploading and downloading speeds up to 1900 Mbps, it can easily outperform every other Wi-Fi booster of its class by a good margin.
You will find five Gigabit Ethernet ports at the back of Netgear AC1900 Back, ideal for plugging in local computers or home entertainment gadgets (like a gaming console or a TV) directly into the router for a more stable connection. There is also a USB 3.0 port to convert the range extender into a small networkable media device or possibly a print server.
Two wireless bands are supported in EX7000, spread out over 2.4 and 5GHz, the first being used for the gadgets that don’t always need high speed and only need a maximum of 600Mbps, while the other is excellent for the devices in the home that need high speeds, such as computers, gaming consoles, and TV-based machines.
How to setup Netgear EX7000 Nighthawk Mesh Extender?
- To setup Netgear EX7000 with W.P.S method.
- Plug the EX7000 near to the WIFI modem or router.
- Now wait for power led to light up on the extender.
- Push the W.P.S button on the extender.
- And then push the W.P.S button on the main router or modem
- On the extender and router you will see a blinking green light. If not push the W.P.S button back again.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, and you will see all four solid led lights on the Netgear AC1900.
- To complete the W.P.S process of Netgear AC1900 setup, go to www.mywifiext.net and click on finish.
Netgear WiFi Extender EX7000 Setup
- Plug the Netgear AC1900 EX7000 WIFI Extender into the power outlet.
- Now connect your EX7000 with any wireless enabled device.
- Open a web browser like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer.
- In the address bar type mywifiext.net and hit the Enter key.
- Your are now on the Netgear EX7000 Login page.
- Enter your default username and password.
- Once logged in, click ‘Do More’ on the Netgear Genie Setup page and then go to the ‘Fastlane’ option.
So from the above given steps you can activate the Netgear EX7000 Fastlane. If you face any trouble, get the help from our certified expert.
How do I reset my Netgear extender EX7000?
Netgear EX7000 Setup | Firmware Update
- Switch on your Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900 WiFi extender first and foremost.
- Link the extender to your router.
- After you have finished launching a web application as you wish.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and enter the key by clicking it.
- Login in via username and password to your extender.
- Go to the menu settings and click on the Update Firmware function.
- Click on the Review tab afterward.
- Click on the yes button for a software update if a new firmware version is eligible.
- Now, wait a bit and let Netgear AC1900 upgrade its firmware correctly.
Netgear EX7000 WIFI Extender Specifications
AC1900 WiFi Range Extender (EX7000)
Quick start guide
Do More booklet
Three (3) detachable external antennas
Dimensions: 9.92 x 6.85 x 1.22 in (252 x 174 x 31 mm)
Weight: 1.44 lb (654 g)
EASE OF USE
CD-less setup—great for mobile devices
Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup® (WPS)
Power on/off button
WiFi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK) and WEP
2.4 and/or 5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi router or gateway
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 8.0, Firefox® 20 or Safari® 5.1 or Google Chrome 25.0 browsers or higher
Netgear Extender Setup Expert Advice:
Doesn’t extend the WiFi name, meaning you’re forced to connect to another network, not just keep working off the one you were using already
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, may result in a lot of issues during the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 extender setup. Contact our Netgear Extender Setup Expert With Mywifiext.net