Netgear EAX20 Provides WiFi coverage of up to 1,500 sq. Up to 20 + devices, such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, IP cameras, tablets, devices, and more, are connected. And it also offers smooth smart roaming and uses the SSID name of your current network so that when you drive across your home or workplace, you never get disconnected. Using Dual-Band WiFi technology (up to 600 + 1200 Mbps), the Netgear EAX20 Setup bandwidth (up to 1.8 Gbps), and 4 simultaneous streams provide more power so that more users can use WiFi at the same time. EAX20 works with any WiFi-enabled wireless router, gateway, or cable modem and is designed for all WiFi 6 routers. Works with existing WiFi devices and new devices such as the iPhone 11 with WiFi. With www.mywifiext.net setup it simply connects game consoles, streaming players, or other wired devices into the four maximum 1 Gigabit ports and accepts wireless security protocols for WEP and WPA/ WPA2. To connect to your router, use the Netgear Nighthawk setup app or click the WPS button.
Netgear Extender setup installation procedure:
- Link to the power button with your Netgear EAX20 setup and wait till the system turns on.
- After the link is created, type www.mywifiext.net in your browser’s address bar and press the enter button.
- Click the New Extender Setup button and then enter your Netgear Genie Setup.
- Create your account now and ask how to use your extender later on.
- Then select the Wi-Fi Range Extender Network option, and a list of wireless networks will be displayed.
- Pick the network that is open, enter your password and click on the Next button.
- You can change your settings according to your specifications and restart all your systems.
- Finally, move your Netgear EAX20 to the new location where you want to be located.
Netgear EAX20 setup Without an ethernet port:
- To begin with, you need to reset your Netgear EAX20 setup.
- Go back to your default factory setup. Click and hold the factory change button for 1-2 seconds to do this. This button was located on the side door.
- With your WiFi extender, plug your Wi-Fi. Then, in the address bar, select Mywifiext.local. The box opens up and asks for your login credentials. “Mywifiext” as the user name and “Netgear” as the password is your default login info.
- Then the screen shows a setup wizard and you have to follow all the steps as mentioned.
- Then set up the appropriate router connectivity and reconnect all of your Wi-Fi systems to your range extender.
How to install Netgear AX1800 EAX20 with WPS method?
To setup Netgear AX1800 EAX20 using WPS push button, perform the below given steps:
- Plug the AX1800 mesh extender model EAX20 to the electric outlet.
- For setup Netgear EAX20, the extender should be 2-3 feet from the main router.
- Wait for the Power LED light to turn solid white.
- Firstly push the WPS button on the AX1800 WIFI extender.
- Then push the WPS push button on the main modem or router.
- When the light stop blinking on your extender and router.
- You will see the all lights on the extender to lit up.
- You are now successfully setup AX1800 EAX200 to your main router with the WPS process.
- Unplug the extender now and place it to the desired location.
Netgear EAX20 WIFI 6 Mesh Extender Setup
Lets learn step by step method how to setup Netgear EAX20 AX1800 with Manual Method:
- To begin with the setup, plug Netgear EAX20 Dual-band Extender Series AX1800 to the electric outlet.
- Wait for the power led light to turn solid white.
- If you not see the power light, push the power button on the booster.
- Grab any WIFI device and connect with AX1800 network.
- Open a web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net.
- Netgear EAX20 extender setup page displays on your screen.
- Follow the on screen instruction to connect your booster to the existing WIFI network.
- Now connect any wireless device with extender network and enjoy great connectivity.
Netgear AX1800 Fastlane Setup
Fastlane technology gives you with maximum WIFI output. Fastlane help you to give high-speed WIFI connectivity to the main router from your repeater and a second band connecting the extender with the device
Step by step process how to enable Netgear AX1800 Fastlane technology:
- Connect your wireless device with AX1800 Dual-band Mesh Extender.
- Now open any web browser i.e. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
- Type www.mywifiext.local to access the Netgear EAX20 login page.
- Enter the username and password.
- On the Netgear AX1800 genie page, Click on Fastlane option.
- You will now see two option 2.4GHz ( Device to Extender ) and 5GHz ( Extender to Router )
- Select the preferred option and click on the save button.
- You are now enabled the Fastlane option on your EAX20 Mesh WIFI.
How to update Netgear EAX20 Firmware?
- Firstly, power on your EAX20 Mesh 6 WIFI extender.
- Now connect the extender with your wireless device.
- Once connected, pull up a web browser.
- Now type in mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter button.
- Your now on the Netgear EAX20 login page.
- Enter the username and password.
- After you logged in, go to the settings tab and click on Firmware option.
- Click on AX1800 firmware check button.
- If there is any new firmware update available, click on yes button for Netgear EAX20 firmware update.
- Do not unplug the extender when the updating is going on.
- Congratulations! You successfully installed the new firmware.
If you face any difficulty while updating the security patch on your booster, feel free to get in touch with our expert.