Netgear EX6250 setup: Netgear EX6250 or AC1750 boost the wifi range of your existing internet connection. AC1750 create a mesh network which delivers high speed and coverage throughout your home or office. Netgear Ex6250 works with any standard modem or router. Get the dedicated wifi connectivity on your gaming console, smart tv, printer etc with Netgear AC1750.
Table of Contents
Netgear EX6250 extender setup | AC1750
To setup Netgear EX6250 WIFI extender AC1750 using the WPS method, follow the steps described below:
- To begin, place your Netgear EX6250 range extender in the same room as your main router.
- Wait for the AC1750’s power light to turn solid green.
- Now, on your Netgear AC1750 Wi-Fi extender, press the WPS button.
- Within 1- 2 minutes, press the same button on your main router or modem.
- Both of your devices will have blinking WPS lights.
- If you see all four LED lights lit up on the extender, the light on your booster will stop blinking.
- It indicates that the Netgear EX6250 extender setup was completed using the WPS method.
- Unplug your repeater and plug it in where you have a weak WIFI connection in your home or office.
How to manually setup my Netgear EX6250 Extender?
- To begin with the Netgear EX6250 setup, firstly plug your extender into a power socket.
- Wait till the EX6250 power LED light lit up solid green on the WIFI booster.
- Now, get access to your PC or laptop and connect to the network named “NETGEAR_Ext“.
- Launch up an internet browser and enter www.mywifiext.net in your address bar.
- You are now on the Netgear EX6250 range extender setup page.
- Create a mywifiext login account and follow the instruction to link your wireless repeater to your existing WIFI network.
- After successfully configuring your AC1750 booster to the existing network, place your wireless repeater at the desired location.
Netgear EX6250 Range Extender Firmware Update
Follow the below-given instruction to update the latest firmware on your Netgear EX6250 WIFI extender:
- To update the Netgear EX6250 AC1750 latest firmware version, make sure the device is powered on.
- Now, open up any internet browser from a PC or smartphone that is attached to the Netgear EX6250 extender’s network.
- Launch a web browser and type http://mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Put in your admin username and password and tap on the login option.
- Once you signed in to your AC1750 extender page. Click on the “Settings” tab.
- Then, click on the Firmware Update tab.
- Tap on the CHECK ONLINE option.
Whether the latest firmware is available, go with the instructions given to upgrade your Netgear EX6250 WIFI extender firmware.
Netgear EX6250 AC1750 | FastLane Setup
FastLane Technology enables you to get the most from your WiFi connection. The basic concept is that it provides a high WiFi connection with a specialized band linking your WiFi router to your repeater and a second band linking your WiFi device to the extender directly.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect your Netgear AC1750 EX6250 repeater to the main router.
- Now go to your laptop or cellphone and open any web browser, such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or, Mozilla Firefox.
- And In the address bar, type 192.168.1.250 IP and press the “Enter” key to continue.
- Whenever the Netgear EX6250 setup login box displays, enter the username & password.
- Once you signed in to the Netgear Genie page, pick the FastLane option from the menu bar.
- Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz and then only extender-to-router in 5 GHz only, and Device-to-extender in 5 GHz and then only extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz.