Netgear EX5000 Extender Setup
The Netgear AC1200 EX5000 is a dual-band WiFi range extender that extends the radius of your existing network to the dead spots of your home or office and provides WiFi rates of up to 1200 Mbps. All you have to do now is finish the Netgear EX5000 setup and you’ll be connected across your home. It’s suitable with any existing WiFi network and is ideal for online gaming and streaming HD video. You can learn how to set up the Netgear AC1200 EX5000 WiFi range extender without any problems here. Let’s get this process started.
How to setup my Netgear EX5000 Extender?
Netgear EX5000 extender setup manual guide steps as follow:
- To set up, firstly connect your Netgear EX5000 to an electric outlet.
- Now, wait for the power light to turn solid green on the AC1200 WIFI booster.
- Find a laptop or a tablet and connect your device with the “Netgear_Ext” default network.
- Once you’re device connected, open a web browser and type www.mywifiext.net on the address bar.
- You are now on the Netgear EX5000 setup AC1200 page.
- Click on the new extender setup button. And create a login account.
Netgear EX5000 AC1200 Extender Setup Guide
Netgear EX5000 Setup | AC1200
Are you facing any trouble in the manual setup process? If yes then let’s go with the Netgear AC1200 Setup by WPS method. WPS method is another way to perform Netgear extender setup and it is also considered as the most easy and quick process to install your wifi booster. In this process you have no need to put your passphrase, username or any other details. You will have to tap on a small button on your extender as well as on the router also. Let’s see how.
To setup Netgear EX5000 by WPS Method go through these steps:
- Plug & Turn on your Netgear EX5000 Extender.
- For initial setup your AC1200 extender should be close to the router.
- Now you will see the power LED on your EX5000 turning green.
- Once the light is green, you need to hit W.P.S on the extender.
- After that you need to press the W.P.S button on your existing Wi-Fi.
- Within two minutes you will see the client link LED turning solid green.
- If your router supports 5Ghz band then you will have to again push the button on your extender and your router.
8.You can move the AC1200 at the location with poor Wi-Fi signal.
Netgear EX5000 Firmware Update
Are you facing any trouble with your extender? Is it not giving the proper required speed or is it behaving badly? If yes then in order to resolve this issue you will have to perform Netgear EX5000 firmware update on your wifi range booster. By updating the latest version of firmware on your extender, you will get the latest security features and all other features which are helpful to get rid of these problems.
Netgear Extender Setup for All Models
- Step-by-step guide for Netgear Orbi AX6000 setup
- A Complete Guide to Fix Netgear POE Switch Problems
- Netgear Extender Access Point Setup
- Netgear Nighthawk AXE11000 Router Setup
- How to activate access control on a Netgear wifi extender?
- Troubleshooting Tips for Netgear Authentication Error
- Quick Troubleshooting Techniques for Mywifiext Not Loading Error
- Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 Router
For Netgear EX5000 firmware update follow the given steps below:
- Turn on your Netgear EX5000.
- Make sure that your extender is connected to the existing router.
- Open any internet browser like google chrome,mozilla firefox or internet explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and tap on the enter key.
- Enter your extenders model number,username and password.
- Now open the settings and select the version of firmware.
- Click on download.
- Now wait for a couple of minutes until the firmware update process is done.
That’s how you can update the latest version of firmware on your Netgear EX5000.
How to reset Netgear EX5000?
If you forget your admin password and want to recover it then you will have to reset Netgear EX5000. By doing so it will make your extender ready for the initial setup process by deleting all the personalized details including your password,username and SSID e.t.c. In order to reset Netgear EX5000 you must have a toothpick or a paperclip with you.
To reset Netgear EX5000 follow the steps below:
- Make your Netgear EX5000 turned on.
- Locate the reset pinhole on the extender.
- Take a sharp pointed object like a toothpick.
- Insert the toothpick (or whatever object you’re using) into the reset hole.
- Keep the pin pressed in, and the power light on the extender will flash amber.
- Remove the toothpick and wait for the power LED to turn solid green.
- Now your AC1200 is ready for the initial setup process.
- Do not unplug your booster while attempting to reset it.
In case you are still stuck with any process, you may dial us anytime using our toll free or use our live chat for help.