How to fix the Netgear Extender 5Ghz channel not showing up?
Netgear Extender 5Ghz: Having access to a 5GHz WiFi network provides your devices with a lightning-fast and lag-free internet connection. But what’s the point if the Netgear 5GHz channel doesn’t appear in the list of possible networks?
You are not alone if you are battling this issue. In this article, we have highlighted tips in this tutorial that will assist you in troubleshooting the issue at hand in a couple of minutes. Scroll down and continue reading.
Reasons for Netgear Extender 5GHz Channel Not Showing
There could be several reasons why the Netgear 5GHz channel is not shown. Some of the most significant are as follows:
- The router or modem didn’t support the 5Ghz bandwidth
- Your device is not supported.
- Technical issues may potentially be a contributing factor to the 5GHz channel not showing up.
You can now use the troubleshooting tips listed below to learn how to resolve the issue you are now experiencing.
SOLVED: Netgear Extender 5GHz Channel Not showing up?
Restart your Netgear wifi extender
Before you do anything else, restart your Netgear wifi range extender. The following instructions must be followed in order to reboot your device:
- Remove the Netgear extender from your home router.
- Turn off your extender. After that, unplug it from the power outlet.
- Please wait a few seconds.
- Then, reconnect the extender to the wall outlet and turn it on.
- Oh, and don’t forget to connect your extender to your router.
Continue reading if rebooting your wifi range extender does not cure the Netgear 5GHz channel not showing up.
As previously said, it is possible that you are using a device that does not support the 5GHz frequency channel. Another option is that your ISP has restricted your access to the 5GHz frequency.
As a result, ensure that your extender model supports the 5GHz frequency spectrum. Alternatively, contact your ISP and request access to the 5GHz WiFi channel.
If none of these options work for you, please contact our specialists.
Update the Netgear firmware
If the firmware on your Netgear wireless range extender is not up to date. Kindly update it. If you have no idea how to do that? The following are the instructions you must follow:
- Open a browser on your computer. Check that your device is connected to the extender with Netgear ext.
- Once you’re certain, enter the default site address into the URL bar.
- Push the Enter key.
- You will be sent to the Netgear extender login page.
- Fill up the default login information.
- Click the Login button.
- Click Settings > WiFi Settings once you’re on the Netgear Genie dashboard.
- Tap on the Firmware Update and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- And with that, you will be able to successfully upgrade the firmware of your smartphone.
Factory reset your Netgear extender
If you are still experiencing the Netgear Extender 5GHz channel not showing up after attempting the troubleshooting steps listed above, you should reset your device.
Here’s how to reset your wifi extender to factory settings:
- Examine both sides of your extender to find the Reset button.
- Found? Good.
- Take an oil pin and use it to hit the reset button.
- After you’ve done resetting your wireless equipment, you should set up a new extender. If you are unsure how to configure a Netgear range extender, just dial our toll-free number to get free assistance.
The 5GHz WiFi network is an excellent solution to avoid overpopulation on the other radio band and secure faster-browsing speed on your device. However, the Netgear 5GHz channel does not always appear on the list of accessible networks.
You now have various troubleshooting tips thanks to this post, which will most likely address the problem at hand. You may easily enable Smart Connect, modify the default password, and tweak a variety of other settings on your extender by accessing the 5GHz channel.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our technical experts.