Netgear EX6150 extender setup via WPS
If you want to setup your Netgear ex6150 range extender using the WPS method, please follow the instructions given below:
- Tap the WPS button on your Netgear ex6150 extender for only 5 minutes till the WPS light flashes.
- In about 2 minutes, tap on WPS button on host router or main Wi-Fi.
- Whether your Wi-Fi router has the 5 GHz band, redo the Steps 1 and 2 to attach with Netgear ex6150 extender to the 5 GHz signal.
- Take off Netgear ex6150 extender and place it anywhere you want which is almost from your Wi-Fi to the location with a bad router WiFi connection.
- Turn on Netgear extender by plugging power socket and stand by till you see Power light turn green.
- Look at Router Link light for getting a location where the Netgear ex6150 signal is stable.
- Whether the Router Link light do not turn to amber or green, attach Netgear ex6150 extender to nearest power socket to main Wi-Fi and redo the steps.
- Now on PC or smartphone, look for and attach with the Netgear EX6150 extender network.
- You can check Netgear extender by placing the laptop or smartphone to the location with a bad main Wi-Fi signal.
How do I connect my Netgear ex6150 extender to Wi-Fi?
This is the second way to attach your Netgear ex6150 wi-fi range extender to your main Wi-Fi router by using the internet browser, so follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, you have to power on Netgear EX6150 extender.
- Move Netgear extender near to the main Wi-Fi box.
- Next you will turn on Netgear ex6150 by attaching it to power socket.
- Stand by till Power light turn to green.
- Whether Power light do not turn on, tap on the Power button.
- Attach the PC or smartphone to ax6150 extender to the main Wi-Fi network.
- Open up internet browser from a laptop or smartphone and type in www.mywifiext.net.
- Netgear installation assistant will be show.
- Obey all the steps to attach the Netgear ex6150 extender to the main Wi-Fi network.
- Place the ex6150 extender to any place that is about half between the main Wi-Fi and place where there is bad Wi-Fi network.
- Whether there is no connection or a bad connection, place Netgear ex6150 extender closer to your router and reconnect till the Link Status light turns to white.
- When you finally find best location for Netgear ex6150, attach all the devices to the Netgear ex6150 extender.
How to factory reset my Netgear ex6150 extender?
Whether you have any problem or issue with your Netgear ex6150 extender and you want to factory reset it, just go with the steps given below and your Netgear ex6150 range is done reset easily.
- Open up PC or any smartphone that is attached to the Netgear ex6150 network, now open any internet browser.
- In the website bar of the web browser, put in www.mywifiext.net.
- Type in the email address and password and tap on LOG IN option.
- Whether the internet browser shows the Menu option, tap on it.
- Choose Settings which is under Other Settings.
- Tap on the RESET option.
- Now your Netgear ex6150 extender is set to factory default settings.
Netgear ex6150 Wi-Fi Extender | Firmware Update
These are steps to follow when you want to upgrade your Netgear EX6150 wi-fi range extender firmware, the process is very easy and simple.
- Open up PC or smartphone that is attached to Netgear ex6150 extender, open any internet browser.
- Type in this in the website bar of browser www.mywifiext.net.
- Type your email address and password and tap on LOG IN option.
- Whether the browser shows the Menu option, tap on it.
- Choose Settings and under its Firmware Update.
- Tap on CHECK ONLINE option.
- Whether latest firmware is there, obey all the steps to download it to your Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Tap on the BROWSE option.
- Now, choose the latest firmware that is downloaded.
- Tap on the UPLOAD option.
Netgear ex6150 extender troubleshooting steps
The following instructions give the troubleshooting steps for your NETGEAR ex6150 Wi-Fi Range Extender if sometimes any type of issue persists in your Netgear ex6150 range extender.
- Whether you don’t remember the username or password, tap on Username & Password Help option.
- Whether the internet browser shows the error page, put in http:// in the website bar of the web browser by putting in http://www.mywifiext.net.
- Whether you did setup the Netgear ex6150 extender but it can’t attach with the main WiFi network, look to see whether your Device Link light is off or could be red.
- Whether it is off try placing the PC or smartphone near to Netgear ex6150 extender.
Whether you don’t have WiFi network working, you will have to get Ethernet cable to attach the PC to Netgear ex6150 extender.
NETGEAR EX6150 Setup – Mywifiext
- Turn on the extender and wait for the power light to boot up.
- Use any wifi device like a tablet, cellphone, laptop or kindle.
- Go to the wireless setting option on your respective device.
- Look for the Netgear_ext on the list of available network.
- Connect your device with Netgear_ext.
- Now open any web browser on your wifi-enabled device and type www.mywifiext.net
- Netgear Ex6150 New extender setup page will appear on your screen
- Create a login account and follow the instruction to connect your Netgear AC1200 Setup.