Netgear Genie App Isn’t Working?
The Netgear Genie app has made it simple for users to view the settings of their extenders. Using the app, users may access their WiFi gadget from virtually any location. What if the Netgear Genie app does not work for you? If you are experiencing the same problem, you have come to the right place. Here, we will discuss the reasons why the Netgear Genie app is not working for you, as well as troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue. So, without further ado, let us take the leap.
How to fix Netgear Genie App Isn’t Working issue?
There could be a number of reasons why you are unable to access the Netgear Genie login page via the app. A variety of reasons can exist, ranging from partial program installation to technical difficulties and cache accumulation to incorrect installation. Fortunately, you can resolve the problem on your own. Here are some suggestions for resolving the Netgear Genie app not working issue.
Install the app again.
If you have an outdated/corrupted version of the program loaded on your device, you will be unable to use it. In this case, it is recommended that you uninstall the program and reinstall it on your smartphone. For your information, the Netgear Genie app is available for both iOS and Android devices. So, depending on the availability of your smartphone, you can enter the app store to reinstall the software.
Restart your phone
Perhaps your gadget isn’t working properly due to a technical issue. If this is the case, you should consider restarting your smartphone. Simply turn off your gadget for a few seconds and then turn it back on. After that, try using the Netgear Genie app to see whether it works for you. Still no joy? So, attempt the next troubleshooting approach to resolve the problem.
Turn off mobile data.
Having internet connectivity from multiple sources at the same time may potentially be the cause of your inability to access the settings of your Netgear extender using the Genie app. Disable your phone’s mobile data to resolve the issue. This may assist you in resolving the Netgear Genie app not working issue.
Delete the App’s Cache
Keep in mind that the app cache on your phone can be reserved over time. If not cleared on a regular basis, this can prevent you from entering into your Netgear Genie App. As a result, you should go to your smartphone’s settings and remove the cache that has gathered for your program. After that, try using the app to visit your extender’s dashboard and see if the process works.
Incorrect Extender Installation
If your extender is not properly installed, you will be unable to log in to it using the Genie app. Only resetting your extender to its default settings and reconfiguring it will solve the problem. If you’re not sure how to reset and reconfigure a Netgear extender, we’ve included step-by-step instructions below to assist you.
How do I reset and configure a Netgear extender?
- Check that your extension is plugged into a functional outlet and that the power LED on your gadget is lit up green.
- Locate and hit the Reset button on your extension using a pin-like instrument.
- When the reset process is finished, your device will reboot.
- Connect your device to the existing router using an Ethernet connection.
- After that, launch a web browser and input mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 into the address box.
- When you press the Enter key, you will be taken to the Netgear extender login page.
- Enter your login information and click Log In.
- When you finish this step, you will be taken to the Netgear Genie setup process.
- On your screen, certain prompts will appear. To reconfigure your extender, you should follow all of the prompts.
- Launch the app on your smartphone and log in to your extender. Have you had success? If so, you can now customize the settings of your range extender to your liking.
If the Netgear Genie app is not working issue continues to irritate you, please call our technical specialists and they will assist you in resolving the issue in a matter of minutes.
For more information: