There could be a lot of causes for your ‘Netgear_ext not showing on network list’ problem. Here are a few examples:
- Your internet connection is moving at the speed of a turtle.
- You did not properly configure mywifiext.net.
- Your Netgear range extender’s firmware has not been updated.
- The distance between your extender and router is excessive.
- You have not turned on the network connection.
How to fix: Netgear_Ext is not showing in the network list.Close the gap between wifi devices (router and extender). To begin, measure the distance between your Netgear wifi range extender and your home router. Is it excessive? If the answer is affirmative, you now know where you went wrong. But don’t worry! reduce the distance between your wifi devices to resolve the Netgear_ext not appearing on the network list issue. Check that your wifi extender is within range of your router. Aside from that, make sure your gadgets have a solid connection.
Update the Netgear FirmwareAs previously stated, an outdated firmware may also be the cause of your extender’s Netgear_ext SSID not appearing in the network list. So, without further ado, upgrade the firmware of your wifi booster right away! The following are the steps you should take to upgrade the firmware on your wifi device:
- Turn on your PC.
- Launch a web browser on it.
- Go to www.mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250.
- Press the Enter key.
- Fill in the default admin information.
- Click the Login button.
- Go to Settings after you’ve logged in.
- Select firmware Update from the administration menu.
Activate the Network ConnectionEnabling the network connection may also assist you in resolving the problem you’re now having with your Netgear wifi range extender. To enable the network connection, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Network adapter settings option.
- Right-click on the SSID (network name) you want to use and select Properties.
- After that, select Enable.
Setup Your extender accuratelyIf nothing has worked so far, it’s most likely because you made a mistake during Netgear extender setup procedure using mywifiext.net. Thus, properly install your WiFi equipment while keeping the following considerations in mind:
- All cable connections must be finger tight.
- Make sure you’ve updated your web browser before logging in to your Netgear extender.
- Avoid inputting the default login credentials incorrectly. Contact us if you are unsure of your device’s default username and password!