NETGEAR WiFi EXTENDER SETUP
NEW EXTENDER SETUP: How To Access Mywifiext.net
Netgear Extender Setup Guide
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup guide for those userrs who are facing issues with their wireless network connection. Whether you need to watch a movie, play online games, or even facetime with your loved ones, you need a good internet connection. One of the most common problems with wireless connections is the availability of dead zones. These are the areas that lack a proper network. Usually, it happens due to interfering with objects such as electronics or walls. With a Netgear wireless range extender, you can get rid of dead zones in your living space. An extender will boost the coverage of your network and allow it to provide a connection in hard-to-reach places. With that said, let us have a look at the stepwise procedure of Netgear Wifi Extender Setup.
Netgear Extender Setup Installation
Netgear Installation Assistant is help you out with Netgear extender setup process. Follow the instruction below to setup Netgear extender with installation assistant:
- Connect your home or office router to the extender first.
- Open any web browser on laptop, computer or mobile.
- Search “www.mywifiext.net”. You saw Netgear installation assistant display on screen.
- Follow the given instruction on screen to connect your extender to your network Netgear_ext SSID.
- Unplug the extender and place it to low network coverage area where you want good signal strength
- Plug the extender into an electrical socket.
- Make sure if the Router LED not lit green or amber, plug the extender little bit closer to the router and try again.
- Now reconnect your laptop, computer or mobile device to the new extender WiFi signal.
- Check the extended WiFi range of new extender by moving your laptop or mobile device to the space with a poor WiFi signal.
How Netgear Extender Works?
Netgear extenders are designed to expand your network's range. The Netgear range extender uses current wireless signals and repeats them by using strong antennas and amplifiers. You can effectively double your wireless network coverage with a Netgear WiFi extender setup - covering various floors, at any corner of your home or workspace, or even in your yard.
Placement of Netgear extender and Light Status:
The best location for the Extender is between your wireless router and your device, but the extender should be within the range of the your router.
When the visibility is clear between the Extender and the wireless router, the good connection is created. If a wall or other materials blocks range of existing wifi, place the Extender halfway between the range of your router.
NOTE: If you need to use another location, put the Extender closer to the computer, but make sure its still in range of the router.
Now you have to check the light status on the extender to know about the wireless router and the extender connectivity.
Connection between the extender and the router Light Status: