Netgear EX6130 Range Extender Setup | AC1200
Here were are discussing the quickest way to install your wireless booster to the modem or router. So follow the below-given step-by-step instruction.
To configure the Netgear EX6130 with the WPS method:
- Turn on the extender by plugging it into the power socket and stand by till you see the power light turn green.
- Now push the WPS button on your WIFI repeater.
- And within a minute push the same button on your WIFI router or modem.
- You will now see the green light start blinking on your AC1200.
- If the connection was successful, all solid green lights on the extender would light up.
- Unplug the EX6130 and place it in an area with poor WIFI signals.
If you still having trouble connecting to your AC1200 WIFI range extender after following the instructions above, please contact our support team.
How Do I Configure My Netgear EX6130 WIFI Range Extender?
- Firstly, you have to power on the Netgear EX6130 extender.
- Stand by till the power light turns green.
- Take out your laptop and connect to the “NETGEAR_EXT” network.
- Now, open up an internet browser and type in www.mywifiext.net.
- You are now on the AC1200 new extender configuration page.
- Follow the Netgear genie instruction to connect the repeater to the main Wi-Fi network.
You can see from the list above how to setup Netgear EX6130 extender to your home router or modem. For any queries or concerns get in touch with our certified expert.
Netgear EX6130 AC1200 | Firmware Update
- Open up a PC or smartphone that is connected to the EX6130 extender.
- Type mywifiext.net on the address bar.
- You are now on the Netgear genie page.
- Enter your email address and password, then click “Log in“.
- Now click on the “Settings” option and there you will see a Firmware Update option.
- Tap on the “CHECK ONLINE” option.
- If there are any new updates for your AC1200, they will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on “YES” and you will see it will start updating the new version.
- Do not unplug the booster while it’s uploading the latest security patch.
How do I connect Netgear EX6130 AC1200 with my main router?
- To install the EX6130 WIFI AC1200. Firstly plug the device into the power source.
- Now connect to Netgear_Ext network with any WIFI-enabled device.
- Once hooked up to the repeater, launch a web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net into the address bar.
- You are now on the Netgear EX6130 extender setup page.
- Create a profile and then click “NEXT“.
- Select one of the following options to connect the booster to your main router or modem.
- WIRELESS RANGE EXTENDER
- ACCESS POINT
- Once selected the given option, It will then show the list of wireless networks available.
- Choose your home network by clicking on the radio button and then hit on “CONTINUE“.
- Enter your home wireless password and click on “CONTINUE“.
- Please wait for 1-2 minutes while the settings between your router and repeater are applied.
Your home wifi system is now successfully connected to the AC1200; place it where there are weak wireless signals and enjoy excellent connectivity.
NETGEAR AC1200 | FEATURES
The NETGEAR EX6130 WIFI Extender extends the range of your existing network by providing AC dual-band connectivity up to 1200 Mbps. It is suitable for HD video streaming and gaming and works with any standard WiFi router. The AC1200 allows you to upgrade to 802.11ac with Access Point mode in a single step. Get internet access on your iPads, smartphones, laptops, and other devices in far end of your home or office
- Strengthen the WIFI – Extend the range of your current wireless network.
- External Antennas – To improve WiFi coverage.
- Dual-Band Connectivity – Increase 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi speeds to 1200 Mbps while reducing interference.
- Ethernet Port – Connect a wired device to your WiFi networks, such as a game console or a smart TV.
- Two Forms – boost the existing WiFi connection or set up a new access point connection.
- FastLaneTM Technology – Use both WiFi bands to create a single super-fast connection, ideal for HD streaming and gaming.
For the Netgear EX6130 extender setup AC1200, please feel free to get in touch with our expert.
Netgear AC1200 Extender | Trouble Shooting Steps
- Whether you don’t remember the username or password, tap on the Username & Password Help option.
- Unable to connect to http://www.mywifiext.net.
- Whether you did setup Netgear EX6130 extender but it can’t attach with the main WiFi network, look to see whether your “Device Link” light is off or could be red.
- Sometimes repeater is not connecting due to it is far away from the main router or modem.
- 192.168.1.250 Ip address is already taken by some other device.
- Check if you have any electronic appliances near the booster.
- The ethernet cable is not working with the AC1200.
- WPS connection could’nt establish with the home router.