Netgear EAX15 Setup
Get to know to how to setup Netgear EAX15 Mesh WIFI Range Extender Series AX1800.
If you want your Wi-Fi network to provide you better coverage and faster speed, the Netgear EAX15 extender surely fits the bill for you. It offers all-around coverage to your space with a network speed of up to 1.8 Gbps. Additionally, this mesh Wi-Fi extender also includes four streams that prevent congestion of the network, which may lower the speed for multiple devices connected to the network. In this article, you will learn about a completely hassle-free process of Netgear EAX15 setup with clear and concise instructions:
Guide to Setup Netgear EAX15 Using WPS Method
The simplest way to conduct Netgear EAX15 mesh extender setup is by using the WPS push button available on your device.
Here’s the step by step procedure that’s required to be followed:
- Turn on your EAX15 extender by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds
- Ensure that your router and extender are placed in the same room.
- Now plug-in your extender to a stable power supply.
- Once you’ve connected it to a power outlet, wait until the LED for power indication turns light green in your Netgear EAX15 extender.
- Locate the WPS push button in your device and press and hold it for a couple of seconds.
- Repeat the former step on your router as well.
- Once the LED indicator on your Netgear nighthawk EAX15 turns white, the two devices will be connected together successfully.
When you follow the aforementioned steps properly, you will be able to complete the Netgear EAX15 setup in no time using the WPS push button method. Now, you can feel free to place your extender in any area where the network connection seems to be poor.
To determine whether your Netgear AX1800 Mesh Extender setup with WPS method works or not you can take any of your Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as laptop or smartphone to an area with improper connectivity in your home and connect it with the network of your extender. Keep in mind that the network settings will be the same as that of your router.
How Do I Setup My Netgear EAX15 Extender Manually?
- To setup Netgear Nighthawk EAX15 series AX1800, Plug the extender near to the main router.
- Power up your EAX15 Mesh extender by pressing and holding the power button for a couple of seconds.
- Now wait until the power indicator turns solid white.
- Connect your Nighthawk AX1800 to the wireless enabled device.
- After connecting to WIFI repeater, you need to open a web browser of your choice.
- Now navigate to the website www.myWiFiext.net and you will be greeted with a Netgear EAX15 Mesh login page.
- Using the default credentials given in your instructions manual, you need to authenticate on the website.
- Follow the instructions available on the website to proceed further with the setup.
Once you finish the onscreen instructions, you will successfully complete your Netgear EAX15 setup. Now, you can feel free to relocate your extender to your desired location with low network coverage. If you still cannot access the internet, you need to get in touch with our expert technicians for faster and proper setup.
Common Issues That Occur While Setting Up Netgear EAX15 Extender
How to Setup Netgear AX1800 Fastlane?
With the Fastlane technology, you can gain the most out of your wireless network. Along with faster connectivity, it also offers you a dedicated band that connects your router with the extender. Follow the steps given below to perform the Netgear AX1800 Wi-Fi extender setup with ease:
- Turn on your extender and connect it with your router by using either an ethernet cable or the wireless network.
- After connecting the devices successfully, open your desired web browser on your smartphone or laptop.
- Access the login page for your extender through the URL myWiFiext.net and enter your username-password combination in the given input fields.
- Now the Netgear Genie page will appear on your screen where you need to choose the “Fastlane” option.
- Then you need to choose from two available options, depending on the configuration of your network.
After choosing your preferences you just need to click on the Save button to complete your Netgear ax1800 WiFi extender setup.
How do I Upgrade the Firmware of my Netgear EAX15 Extender?
If your wireless extender started malfunctioning recently and is unable to provide a sufficient connection speed, you may need to upgrade the firmware of your device. Here’s how to do it:
- Connect your computer or smartphone to the extender’s network and open a web browser for navigating to myWiFiext.net.
- Enter your username and password combination, followed by clicking on the login button.
- After authenticating successfully navigate to settings and choose the “firmware upgrade” option.
- Click on the checkbox and agree to the prompt to begin updating the firmware of your device.
Now all you need to do is wait for a while and your Netgear EAX15 extender will be updated with the latest firmware.
How to Troubleshoot the Netgear EAX15 Extender?
Here’s a rundown of some troubleshooting steps that may help you fix several issues with your Netgear EAX15 Setup:
● Make sure all wires are properly insulated and non-damaged.
● Ensure that you have accessed the correct URL.
● Upgrade the firmware on your extender.
● Reset the device to its default state.
● Make sure that the power outlets are not short-circuited.
If the problem still persists, you can feel free to get in touch with our expert technicians.
After successfully setting up your Netgear extender using the above-mentioned steps, you can enjoy faster connectivity with better coverage all across your home. However, if you face any difficulties with Netgear EAX15 WiFi Extender setup, contacting our professionals is the easiest way for setting up your extender properly in no time.