Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup: Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup can be done on any device. In the millennial world, there is barely a single person who does not use the internet. From face-timing your buddy to share important docs, the internet made it easier to connect with people. In a nutshell, humans evolved through the internet but the internet could not cope up.
Even today, when we have the best technology, people face issues such as dead zones and poor connectivity in their internet connection. This happens because the internet is blocked by something on its way.
But even though the internet did not evolve, new gadgets such as Netgear extender made it pretty easy to solve this problem. A Netgear range extender is a device that boosts the signals of your network to reach the places where it could not reach earlier.
If you are reading this, you likely have a Netgear range extender. Therefore, in this article, we will be having a look at the necessary steps you need to take for the Netgear wifi range extender setup. After this setup, you will be able to enjoy high-speed internet at any corner of your house.
- Power on your extender and router by connecting both of them to a stable power supply and pressing the power button on both the devices. Check the LED light on both gadgets and ensure they have a solid green light.
- Take an ethernet cable and connect both of its ends to the router and extender respectively. Once again, ensure that a successful connection has been established by observing the LED light’s color.
- When it’s done, turn on your computer or laptop in order to proceed with the Netgear wifi range extender setup. In your laptop/computer, connect to the network of your extender that you’ll find with the SSID Netgear.
- Once connected to the network, open a web browser and visit the website – mywifiext.net. After you visit the website, you should have a landing page in front of you with a button on the screen.
- Click on the blue button that reads start setup. Once you click on it, you will be asked to log in with your username and password. Just enter admin in both of the credential fields and click on the login button to proceed with the setup.
- After you have successfully logged in, you will get on-screen instructions for the rest of your setup. Hence, just follow the instructions on your screen and when the setup completes, the website will close automatically.
Troubleshooting tips for Netgear wifi range extender setup
In case you encounter any problem during Netgear wifi range extender setup, follow either of these steps:
- Make sure wires are working properly and don’t have any electrocuting to complete netgear extender setup.
- Make sure that you are using an up-to-date version of your browser to access mywifiext setup page.
- Make sure your wireless router is working properly and providing you access to the internet, so you can setup your Netgear range extender.
- Make sure you have not changed the default username and password for the Netgear wifi extender
- Make sure that you accordingly follow the instructions you get on the www.mywifiext.net
So, set up your extender right now and enjoy faster and better connectivity all-around your house. Say a permanent goodbye to dead zones with Netgear extenders. That’s all we have for today.