If you are new to the world of Netgear wifi range extenders, the local Web address Mywifiext is the first and foremost thing you should remember. This is a local web page offered to its users by Netgear for their ease, so it is not like other web pages. In order to establish your Mywifiext net setup and enjoy the many advantages it offers, you can use this web address.
There are several ways to configure your Mywifiext net setup for Netgear. The manual method and another is the WPS method. Next, let ‘s look at the manual setup steps:
- Firstly turn on your Netgear extender.
- Connect your extender and install a connection b/w Netgear extender and your computer.
- On your wifi enabled device, launch a web browser of your choice.
- In the url bar of the browser, type the mywifiext.net ( Netgear Extender Setup ) in the web address
- You would be redirected to the Mywifiext net setup wizard.
- Choose the mode that you want your Netgear extender to be configured on the Extender or Access Point Mode.
- Select the Home Network.
- Enter or create appropriate default credentials
- Your extender is good for use now.
Netgear Extender Setup using the WPS method
- Your extender needs to be switched on.
- On your Netgear extender, search for the WPS button
- Click and hold your extender’s WPS button for a while.
- On your extender, the WPS LED light will start blinking
- Now, within 2 minutes of pressing it on the extender, click the WPS button on your router.
- Your Mywifiext setup will be installed automatically via WPS.
Mywifiext.net: Smart Wizard setup
- First of all, select the wireless network.
- Then, click on the next option.
- Enter the password for mywifiext setup to connect.
- Hit the next option.
- Connect your WiFi devices to the extender network.
- Hit the next button.
- After that, register your Netgear extender device.
- Finally, click on the finish button and your Mywifiext setup is completed.