Gear up your extender with mywifiext
How can you connect to Netgear Range Extender Setup in a manual way?
Netgear range extender setup helps you to enhance your wi-fi signals in the dead areas of your rooms. Once you complete reading this article, you will easily gain knowledge about how to connect to the Netgear range extender setup manually. You must be sure that your router is completely connected to the wifi extender and has a valid IP Address. After reaching your IP address you can start your setup process according to the model of the extender.
There are two kinds of extenders, one having an ethernet port (such as Netgear EX6100 Setup) and another which does not have an ethernet port (such as Netgear WN1000RP).
Let’s begin with the steps of Netgear range extender setup having an ethernet port:-
- First of all, connect your Netgear extender with the PC using an ethernet cable and then confirm that you have connected the power adapter to the socket perfectly.
- After that open, the internet browser of your own choice then add mywifiext.net in the web address and log in with username and password.
- If you are unable to login with a username and password you can opt for mywifiext setup. After logging in, move towards “wireless settings” and click on “Netgear range extender setup”.
- Then search for the password network key which is beneath the security options.
- If your network security key does not match with the main router’s password then modify it to make a match with it.
- After that click on the “apply” and connect your wifi device with Netgear wi-fi extender.
Now, the steps of Netgear range extender setup which does not have the ethernet port:-
- Firstly complete the first step as stated above and start the process of Netgear’s new extender setup by reset of your extender by default settings then hold the reset button located on the extender side panel for a few seconds.
- After that make sure your main router is connected to wifi extender with a full power supply.
- Further, open the browser add mywifiext.net in the web address, and login there with username and password.
- The Netgear range extender setup wizard will open and then study and perform the instructions carefully. This is because to set up the connectivity b/w your extender and the router. Be sure that you are not using WPS.
- Finally, you are connected with a wifi extender and your main router.
If you find some query regarding setting up the new extender then you opt for these troubleshooting steps;-
- Power cycle the extender or router if you face trouble in the setup.
- Ensure that the extender and router are kept as close to each other as possible.
- If unable to access mywifiext.net browser restart it.
- Confirm that your main router’s firmware is not outdated.
However, if you face issues or query then Netgear extender team helps you in solving the issue within seconds.