Netgear Wi-Fi Extender N300 Setup - Step by Step Guide
When it comes to networking devices, nothing can beat the competency of Netgear N300. It is a highly compact and easy-to-setup device. It enhances the Wi-Fi connectivity for an array of devices such as smart TV, Blu-Ray, and gaming consoles. All you need to do is plug it and enjoy a seamless internet connection. Once you are done with the Netgear Wi-Fi extender n300 setup, you can boost your existing wireless connection. On top of that, the n300 wireless range extender also consists of external antennas to further improve the range of your wireless network. In this article, we’ll have a look at the setup method of the Netgear n300 wireless range extender.
- Firstly, you need to turn on your Netgear n300 range extender. To do so, make sure that the router and the extender are in the same room. After that, you need to connect your extender to a stable source of power. Once done, you need to press the power button for a while. Lastly, make sure that the LED light on your extender turns green in order to ensure a proper power supply.
- Now, you need to locate the WPS button on your extender. After you’ve found the WPS button, you need to press it for two to three seconds. Do the same for your router as well. Make sure that you press the WPS button on both devices simultaneously. When the LED light on your extender turns white, it indicates that both the devices have been successfully connected.
- After connecting both the devices, you need to relocate your Netgear EX2700 wireless range extender to an area where the Wi-Fi signal is poor. Make sure that you keep it halfway between the router and the area with poor connectivity. Now, proceed with further steps to complete the Netgear Wi-Fi extender n300 setup.
- Open a device such as a computer or a smartphone that has a wireless connection enabled. Now, connect your device with the extended network in the area where the internet connection is poor. The SSID as well as the password are the same as that of your router. Therefore, use the same credentials to connect with the network of mywifiext.net.
And that’s it! You have successfully completed the Netgear Wi-Fi extender n300 setup. In case you encounter any problem, you can always feel free to contact the support team to get help from experts.
Common Issues with Netgear N300 Setup
Here’s a list of problems that you may encounter with your Netgear n300 wireless range extender while setting it up:
- The Netgear N300 extender might be dropping the internet connectivity
- The extender might be connected but the internet might not be working
- The lights of the extender might not be stable
- You may be connected to the internet but couldn’t access the world wide web
In order to fix any of these issues, you can always feel free to get in touch with the support team. Lastly, make sure you set up your extender to enjoy seamless internet connectivity with great speed and reliability.